- Statement of Problem: What are the problems being faced and the most important 3-4 decisions the company needs to make regarding the situation of the company in China.
The company transformation from private equity ownership with an immediate shift of CEO marked new challenges for the company. The company has been going through rigorous changes to keep up with the strong performance track record. However, the distinction of the profiles and management approach of the two CEOs was obviously noticed by the subordinates. The intelligent handling of management issues and concerns with subsequent impact on the employees and consumers mark the importance and sensitivity of the decisions of new CEO. The response and performance of China Market are the primary problematic area of the company. The management is piled with issues and skepticism on the ground of the equation generated out of new CEO, new Market, new strategies and new reporting procedures. The dire need of management is to visit location with ample supporting information and vigilant approach to take hold over the situation. The core areas to be addressed in this reference includes the dilemmas of swirled market reputation of the company, skepticism over the company's potential to grow as a multinational brand, competitor’s rivalry and in house mismanagement issues. An immediate and focused response to the illustrated concerns is essential at this point of time to take hold of the situation before it gets any worst. The solutions devised in this reference are illustrated below;
- Product Image in Market.
- Communication plan (Internal / External)
- Documentation of Policies and procedures
- Marketing strategy development
- Alternatives: What are three different courses of action she can take to deal with Louis Chen and solve these various issues? Clearly explain.
The importance of the concerns with the necessity to strategically move to address the issues is obvious. The different courses of action that can be adapted to respond the requisites are referred below:
- The board of directors is to be supported by an in house team to monitor and coach the resolutions.
- A third person consultation service can be hired with an objective of desired goals.
- Decision: Recommend one course of action. Convince us why this one is best and will help fix the problems. Address any criticism that this decision is likely to face
Amongst the suggested options the first option of allocation targeted objectives as KPIs of the department head is the most suitable, as it will utilize in house resources and direct monitoring of the in charge. At the same time, the possibility of information leakage or blame game is further at the diminished end if this option is opted.
- Action: List and describe 4-5 action steps to turn your plan into reality and implement the plan
A comprehensive and concise action plan to support the strategy is suggested below for your perusal.
- Development and establishment of company processes and policies.
- The communication of policies amongst all branches.
- Development of communication model that is separate links for internal communication with a user friendly website for consumers.
- The hiring of a regional media manager and financial analyst to keep the track on the path.
- Regular observation of agendas over the Board meetings.
- Allocations of target oriented KPI’s under the observation of the strategic goals.